Spiralock | Stanley Engineered Fastening
DB Roberts is an authorized distributor of STANLEY® Engineered Fastening brands, including Spiralock® locking threads. Spiralock is a technologically-superior fastening system ideally suited for threaded joint applications subjected to heavy vibration and challenging environments. Whether it's a simple change of a fastener or a custom-designed solution, Spiralock technology delivers reliability of product performance that customers can count on.
The Edge is in the Wedge
Spiralock is one of three Optia® anti-vibration technologies. By adding a 30° wedge ramp at the root of the internal thread, Spiralock has engineered a simple yet effective way to transform a traditional threaded joint into a safer and more reliable element. This remarkable design provides exceptional resistance to vibration loosening, improved joint integrity and consistent, repeated reusability while eliminating the need for secondary locking devices.
Spiralock Products Include:
- Threaded Inserts (Wire, Drive Notch, Key Locking, Molded Thru-Hole)
- Blind Nuts & Floating Nuts
- Hex Flange
- Self-Clinching Fasteners
- Self-Clinching Flush Nuts
- Self-Clinching Miniature Fasteners
- Self-Clinching Projection Weld Nuts
Featured Spiralock Products
Threaded Inserts for Plastic, Particleboard, or Wood
Spiralock Threaded Inserts for Plastic, Particleboard, or Wood
This versatile and economical insert offers a variety of installation methods – thermal, ultrasonic, or pressed – for applications in wood, particleboard, plastic, and most soft materials.
Slightly curved hooks lock into material, providing exceptional resistance to pullout. These inserts are specially designed to secure against torque while leaving a clean and chip-free threaded area. Standard inserts available in brass.
- Can be placed using a variety of installation methods.
- Superior torsional and pullout properties.
- For softer materials. Ideal for use with plastic.
- Made to order. Available in brass.
Self-Clinching Fasteners for Stainless Steel
Spiralock Self-Clinching Fasteners for Stainless Steel
Made from a specialty stainless steel, these fasteners are heat-treated to be higher on the Rockwell Hardness scale than most 300 Series Stainless Steels. This enables these fasteners to be installed into stainless sheets, employing the same self-clinching principle.
- Machined from specialty stainless steel.
- Features the Spiralock proprietary wedge ramp female thread.
- Offers improved integrity and reliability of threaded joints.
- Self-locking thread technology eliminates need for other locking devices.
- Made from precipitation-hardened stainless steel with passivated finish per QQ-P-35C, Type II.