Southco believes first impressions are critical. From quality and performance to aesthetics and ergonomics, we know small touches make a big difference.
That's why the people of Southco are passionate about connecting with our customers to create innovative engineered access hardware solutions aimed at enhancing the "touch points" of our customers' products. Southco's talented, committed and globally-connected team of associates collaborate with clients, and with each other, to understand and respond to customers' needs. Together, we seek to leverage our global resources and deliver customers proven solutions, while reducing the overall cost and cycle time of the project.
DB Roberts is the largest stocking distributor of Southco products. From latches, fasteners and hinges to handles and display mounts and arms, we have Southco inventory ready when you need it.
Featured Southco Products
Bifold Constant Torque Hinge
Southco's AH-Bifold Constant Torque Hinge series incorporates friction technology that allows a table or panel to be held in position at any angle and prevents it from falling open. AH Bifold Constant Torque Hinges deliver high quality, repeatable performance, making them an ideal upgrade from traditional free-swinging hinges and dampening devices.
- Integrated friction technology improves control of fold-out tables
- Holds table flap open in any position along 180 degrees
- Flush mount design prevents trapped fingers and pinch points
- Reliable, maintenance-free performance
- Customizable torque to fit the needs of most applications
- Small design footprint complements industrial design
- Robust design offers high strength performance
- Long cycle life ensures reliability and reduced maintenance costs
Vise Action Compression Latch
The smooth operation of the VISE ACTION® design aligns the pawl behind the frame and draws it up tight with a single continuous half-turn motion. Its compression action provides consistent 6.4 mm (.25") pull-up for environmental sealing in gasketed applications, and helps reduce or eliminate noise and rattles caused by vibration. Over-center latching resists accidental opening due to shock or vibration.
- Six body styles accommodate various door/panel thicknesses, grip ranges, actuator styles, and interior protrusion
- Easy-to-grip knob and handle-actuated styles provide quick, simple access
- More than 45 key-actuated and tool-actuated styles restrict access and discourage vandalism
- Low-profile and flush-mount styles minimize protrusion above panel
- Available in fixed-grip and adjustable grip versions
- Many models suitable for NEMA 4 and IP-65 applications
- Single-hole mounting styles provide for convenient installation
- Compact version with shortened housing for limited space applications
Compression Lever Latches
Compressive action pulls door tight, without rubbing action and without wear on latch contact point or frame. A broad grip range - up to 23 mm (.91") - provides for easy grip adjustment to accommodate grip changes over time.
- Flush trigger models present minimal protrusion for smooth surface; raise trigger models provide easier actuation.
- Locking models enhanced security by providing key lock or tool access
- Sealed models suitable for NEMA 4 and IP65 applications
- Quick installation using just one screw
Easy to install, and easy to operate, these popular low-profile lever latches present a sleek look for highly visible installations. A discretely mounted trigger mechanism (flush or slightly raised) is provided to release the built-in handle for use.
Counterbalance Concealed Hinges
Southco's Counterbalance solutions provide assisted lifting force and positional stability through the full range of motion during opening and closing.
CB Counterbalance Hinges provide precise control when opening and closing heavy panels, reducing safety and liability concerns while improving end user ergonomics.
- Controls motion by neutralizing panel weight
- Enables easy lifting and position control
- Improves safety and ergonomic operation
- Compact design allows mounting inside enclosures
- High cycle life reduces warranty and installation costs
- High vibration resistance for harsh applications
- Corrosion-resistant construction withstands hot and cold environments
- Maintains consistent performance without maintenance or readjustment
The CB Counterbalance Hinge series neutralizes the weight of heavy panels and lids, providing reliable positioning control for a variety of applications. CB Counterbalance Hinges counteract the downward force of gravity and provide precise control when opening and closing heavy panels, enabling the panel to be lifted and lowered effortlessly.